The Audit and Risk Committee consists of the following members:
- Terry Moran AC, Chair
- Taryn Rulton
- Joh Kirby
The main responsibilities of the committee:
- Review and report independently to the Inspector on the financial statements published in the annual report and other financial information of the Victorian Inspectorate.
- Assist the Inspector in reviewing the effectiveness of the Victorian Inspectorate’s internal control environment covering:
- effectiveness and efficiency of operations
- reliability of financial reporting
- compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Determine the scope of the internal audit function and ensure its resources are adequate and used effectively, including coordination with external auditors.
- Maintain effective communication with external auditors.
- Consider recommendations made by internal and external auditors and review the implementation of actions to resolve issues raised.
- Oversee the effective operation of the risk management framework.
Reviewed 26 April 2021