The Victorian Inspectorate monitors Victoria’s integrity agencies. Mr Eamonn Moran PSM KC, the current Inspector, is an Independent Officer of the Parliament.
We receive, assess, and where appropriate, investigate complaints made to us about:
- Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission and IBAC staff, including public interest disclosures
- Victorian Ombudsman staff
- Victorian Auditor-General’s Office staff
- Chief Examiner and Examiners
- Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner and staff
- Victoria’s Office of the Special Investigator and staff, including public interest disclosures
- monitor IBAC and its staff, in relation to their duties, functions and powers
- inspect and audit certain records kept by the Public Interest Monitor, Victoria Police, IBAC and other agencies in relation to warrants and operations
- oversee the use of coercive powers (for example, power to summon and examine witnesses) by IBAC, VAGO, the VO, the Chief Examiner and Examiners, OVIC, Wage Inspectorate Victoria (WIV), and Victoria’s OSI, and their staff
- monitor how coercive powers are used under the
- oversee IBAC’s performance of its functions under the
- review public interest disclosure procedures of IBAC, the VO and the Judicial Commission of Victoria.