2023 marked our 10th birthday and a very productive year for the Victorian Inspectorate.
- we undertook more investigations than in any other year (9)
- we closed 50% more complaints than last year
- we addressed 25% more enquiries than last year
- we reviewed 12% more coercive power notifications than last year
- we published a special report with recommendations to improve IBAC's approach to oversighting and referring police complaints
- we conducted 15 inspections relating to the use of covert powers
- we influenced integrity bodies to accept 10 out of 11 recommendations and provided further feedback and observations to strengthen trust in Victoria's integrity system.
Read our full report